Friday 30 November 2012

The 5 Websites I Check Every Day



Image: PicGifs

Now that it has become second nature when I enter my room to turn on my computer, almost as often as I turn on the light, I have come to realise that there are certain websites that are part of my daily routine. With easy access from my toolbar and extravagant Virgin internet, I have no choice but to waste a certain amount of time each day finding out what is going on in the world. I find myself allocating ‘procrastination slots’ each time I sit down to work, fully in the knowledge of the inevitable website wasting adventure upon which I am about to embark…

Facebook. So obvious that it barely needs mentioning. This is not just to be found on my toolbar, but as my homepage as well. Even when I don’t have my computer on me, I have a portable Facebook checker in my handbag in the form of my phone. It is embarrassing, time wasting and unnecessary but I’m fairly certain that this is one of the more relatable ones. Stop judging- you know you do it too!
 
Daily Mail TV&Showbiz Online. So I thought Facebook was embarrassing? It’s completely addictive to find out whether Lady Gaga has put on some weight or whether the cast of Made in Chelsea attended some premiere. However, after a good few minutes of horrendous judgements, I feel so guilty that I move onto website number 3…
 
BBC News. Once I have discovered what is going on in the celebrity world, it’s time to even out the balance and find out what is actually happening in the real world. However, if I can’t quite face anything too thought-provoking, there’s always the BBC entertainment section that can fill up my gossip quota.

Twitter. Now I would consider myself a twitter newbie, but people keep telling me stories of friends finding jobs through tweeting and being contacted by incredible people so I think I should stick with it. Also, it’s a great way to find out what is going on around you, especially in a university. I found out the Queen was in Bristol last week through the Twittersphere…

Student Beans. This is definitely another guilty pleasure, but one that never fails to make me laugh. If you haven’t spent time on this site, do not hesitate and head over right away. Think FML and Uni Confessions all mixed into one. After a tough day of lectures (or when feeling guilty about not having gone to any) hearing stories of other students doing unimaginably stupid things will cheer you up no end. 

Image: BalooCartoons

No comments:

Post a Comment