Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Things We Always Forget

Yesterday, my (sadly not so tearful) mother and father ushered me into my car to start the 3 hour drive back to University for the start of my second year. Mid-drive, enjoying the freedom of being able to listen to the first 30 seconds of each song and then change it without anyone getting annoyed at me, it suddenly hit me- I had left my flat keys at home. Uh oh. This three hour drive was not about to become 6 hours- all I could do was to continue on in the desperate hope that one of my flatmates would be there to welcome me in. Fortunately they were, but it got me thinking about all those things that we always forget…
Image: freedigitalphotos.net
Keys – we always forget our keys. Whether we’re getting locked out of a hotel room or forgetting which key is for what, we always seem to have key drama. 

Pin codes- who hasn’t made that quick decision at least once to pay in cash just in case the pin code doesn’t spring to mind at the right moment…

To reply to that message- I would argue that this is the culprit of the ever-growing social networking world of Facebook in which you read a message on your phone and decide, ‘I’ll reply later’. When later comes, you’re far too occupied thinking of something else to remember to reply to that person and the next time you see them, it all gets rather awkward. 

What was going to be my fourth bullet point again…?

You get the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment