Thursday 25 October 2012

2000 Hits Later



Quite recognisable, no?

My second post on this blog just over 6 weeks ago was a declaration of my plans to expose my attempts at creativity online. I now feel that with the landmark of 2000 hits diminishing into the distance, it is time for me to reflect on this adventure thus far.

I am happy to see that I still possess the adamant feeling that my blog is there to entertain, maybe even educate but not to embarrass. Although I like to write about various aspects of my life, I am pleased to say that my personal life has stayed well and truly off the page. 

For all the things I am doing right, there are plenty that I am doing wrong. One of the challenges I am yet to face is that I often find my blog does not have any purpose or theme. I write the things that come to my mind, varying from amusing advice to controversial opinions without much continuity. This is hardly surprising, I tend to be incredibly indecisive in every other aspect of my life as well but I worry that mynotebookandme will suffer as a result. 

Despite all my gripes, the most encouraging aspect of this experience is that I have discovered that I like writing. I would never have thought that at the age of 20 I would discover a new hobby as simple as writing. I owe it all to Paperchase and their cute notebooks (yes, there is a real notebook!).

So 2000 hits later and I can’t wait to watch the numbers crawl even higher. The more people read, the more I write. Forget the stereotype of teenage girls complaining about boys and bad weather and jump on the blogging band wagon- it really is incredibly satisfying.

I guess I will update you again in 2000 hits time…but who knows when that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment